2012-12-03

International Day of People with Disability; many reasons to celebrate – Opinion – ABC Ramp Up (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

International Day of People with Disability; many reasons to celebrate

Lucy Daniel Ramp Up 3 Dec 2012

teacher with a physical disability communicating with a Deaf student through sign language
Inclusive education in India: teacher with a physical disability communicating with a Deaf student through sign language Credit: CBM Australia (CBM Australia)
Comments (3)
Celebrating IDPwD isn't about becoming complacent or glossing over problems faced by people with disabilities, but recognising and valuing the contributions we make, writes Lucy Daniel.
This is my second International Day of People with Disabilities. Technically it's my twentieth, since the event has been running since 1992, but I'm sorry to say that this is only the second time that I've gone out of my way to observe it. And if I'm absolutely honest, it's probably the first year I've realised just how much this day is about celebrating with a capital C.
Why now?
International Day of People with Disability; many reasons to celebrate – Opinion – ABC Ramp Up (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...